Great Ote Hall, standing in extensive grounds, is of two stories with attics; the walls are half-timbered on sandstone plinths or later brick renewals, and there are five massive brick chimney-stacks; the roofs are covered with Horsham slates.
It is of T-shaped plan, with a modern south projection in similar style; the stem of the T is probably of c. 1550, while the head or east wing is dated 1600, and shows a symmetrical front. Of the older part, the south front has been greatly repaired, and a modern entrance annexe built, containing a 16th-century door; this and some of the overmantels and panelling were imported from destroyed houses at Guildford and Godalming. The original entrance was farther west, opposite another doorway in the north wall.
In the hall can be seen a great post which continues up to attic level. The staircase, moved westwards from opposite the porch in the east wing, is a fine example of c. 1600, with continuous newels and others with square turned finials and pendants, turned balusters, and roll-moulded handrail. The present dining-room was the kitchen in the first period of the house; in the west wall is a wide fire-place with oak lintel and bread oven; one of the moulded beams is original. The drawing-room (‘Old Hall’) occupies the north half of the east wing and includes the former entrance porch; the moulded stone fire-place, with flat fourcentred arch, has an imported overmantel with caryatid figures; some of the woodwork is original, notably a beam with carved stop-chamfers. The rest of this wing is occupied by the ‘Old Kitchen’; in the south wall is a wide lintelled fire-place flanked by cupboards. The flooring consists of elm baulks in both periods of the house.
Over the dining-room is the so-called ‘Queen Elizabeth’s Room’, with an oriel; the fire-place is chamfered four-centred of a somewhat earlier type, but there are re-used Jacobean panels above; a fine beam terminates with H leaf and daisy carvings. The ‘Withdrawing-room’ above the drawing-room has much of its original panelling and a fire-place with typical Jacobean composite panels divided by flutings. The ‘State Bedroom’ over the ‘Old Kitchen’ has a fire-place like that in the drawing-room, and the over-mantel has three scalloped arches separated by fluted pilasters, and anno G/TM 1609, for Thomas and Mary Godman; east of it is an original door.